Thursday, April 7, 2011

My daily computer life

I always love sharing new websites and blogs with you, and since I know you probably don't write them down when I am telling you about them, I am making it easy on you and sharing them here!!

thehungersite.com -- This website allows you to simply click a button and donate food to the hungry! Since the sponsors of the page pay for the food, it's free to click! There are links from that website to breast cancer site to "donate" mammograms for women in need, the animal rescue site to provide food and care for rescued animals, the veterans' site to provide food for homeless and hungry veterans (tear), the child health site to provide healthcare for children who need it, the literacy site for free books for children, and the rainforest site to protect wild habitat.

kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com -- A girl in her early-twenties from Brentwood who has moved to Uganda to do mission work, be a nurse to all who need her help, provide food for the Karamojong children, and has adopted 13 (I think!) girls. She's fascinating, amazing, thought-provoking, and incredible. She founded Amazima Ministries; the CPT and I sponsor a little girl via Amazima!

joiningthejourney.blogspot.com -- Along the same vein as kissesfromkatie, this woman and her best friend started 147 Million Orphans. They are really close to Katie (from kissesfromkatie), and are also from Brentwood. (The ones we saw in Chili's that day and I got so excited, it was like seeing celebrities!) Between the two women, they have 13 children, seven of whom are adopted, and three of those adopted are special-needs children. They are also amazing and wonderful, and I love love love 147 Million Orphans! It allows families who are adopting to buy everything wholesale and then sell to help fund their own adoptions. And every purchase feeds a child; very incredible!

oatsvallteam.blogspot.com -- The best friend of the joiningthejourney, the partner of 147 Million Orphans. Same as above.

147millionorphans.com -- I just like to check out their gear and clothes. The shirts are so soft and lightweight, so they are perfect for this Georgia heat I am experiencing!!

missmustardseed.blogspot.com -- FABULOUS lady who rejuvenates furniture. She also is a freelance writer for HGTV.com, a magazine called Cottages & Bungalows, and sells her incredible re-done furniture in two stores. I kind of want to be her.

funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com -- Miss Mustard Seed's bloggy friend who is the antithesis of Miss Mustard Seed! I *really* relate more to Funky Junk because it's more my style of "let the flaws show, it gives it character." You will love her decorating, I believe. Especially her bedroom, where her bed is rumpled (she says it's never supposed to be made) and she has an old ladder as decor. Funky and fun.

filltocapacity.blogspot.com -- My sweet sister's blog on their domestic adoption and every day life. It's bittersweet because they're still "waiting," and so no news is no fun. But daily life is also humorous, so it makes me cry AND laugh!

So now that you know how boring I am and how I live vicariously through all these other fun people, do you still want to be best friends? =)

Warmest Regards,
Abbs

No comments:

Post a Comment