Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mary Todd

Well, you touched on bringing Mary Todd to TN with us, and the answer is: "Yes! Of course!! I couldn't leave this now-6.6-pound miniature schnauzer at home!" ... I am waaaay too whipped over this puppy.

Today I took her to the vet to see about her double ear infection she had, and the vet was so impressed with how healthy she is that I almost got a "good-Mommy" bag -- but they were out. MT is into EVERYTHING. Even as I was typing this, I had to take a break to stop her from eating the paper towels from her peeing accident this morning. As I picked her up to get her away from it, she dropped the paper towel that was in her mouth -- right down in my shirt. Sick. I mean, it was the paper towels over the CLEANING solution, not her urine, but still. Eww.

The vet did say that when puppies are teething, they tend to regress with their potty training, hence all the accidents she's had of late. Awesome.

The CPT and I are doing well. We're going to a cookout this weekend, so that should be fun, and hopefully I will meet some wives! I have yet to make any more friends since my friend Emily came into the picture -- did I tell you about her? We met at church, she's in her 60s, and we like to do lunch. =) But other than Emily and a couple we knew from Fort Campbell, I only hang out with Mary Todd. So yeah, I'd like to make some friends.

And although I did make friends with the girls who hang out outside our apartment (yes, the same girls who "broke" into my car. Apparently it was a misunderstanding; some boys told them it was THEIR car, and so they hopped in it. Ugh, boys.), one of the moms came out the other day and fussed at me for giving her girls cookies, telling me to not do that anymore and that SHE was the momma. Yes, I realize that she is the mom, I made sure to tell the girls to ask if they could have them before I gave the cookies (that my own momma baked!) to them, but their mom wasn't home. I jumped the gun, went on and gave them to the girls, and said, "Make sure to ask your mom before you eat them! I don't want to get in trouble!" (Of course I had previously asked if they had allergies. I'm semi-responsible.) But since the girls are 13 and 9, no permission was asked. Plus, their mother is either working nights at the hospital or over with her boyfriend, so she's rarely home. Or when she is home, she's getting into domestic disputes with the 9-year-old's dad and then the 9-year-old runs over to our place and stays until the police come to get her statement and then return her to the mom. I never meant to befriend the kids at the expense of the parents, but needless to say, I think I am a tad unliked in our apartment building now.

I wish you were here. And I wish I was THERE!! I wish I could have given you your birthday present ON your birthday/my wedding anniversary. You were sweet enough to send a card; I send a text. You win. =)

I cannot wait to see you in a couple of weeks! You will love Mary Todd. She's such a fur ball and sometimes she thinks she's a really really ferocious dog (i.e., when she barks at dogs literally 13 times her size!!). You will get so tickled at her!

I can't remember the point of this post, even though I previously labeled it "Mary Todd." I guess that's who I was supposed to talk about, and now that I feel like you've been sufficiently filled in on her teeny life (and the drama that is my apartment-living life -- and the lameness/loneliness that is my Army-wife life), I will bid you adieu with a favorite canned recipe of mine that I made up 20 minutes ago:

1 can Rotel
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can pinto beans (I wanted black beans, but had none on hand!)
Dash of oregano
Tortillas

Heat tortillas in microwave, mix everything else on stove. (Salsa would also be yummy tossed in! Alas, I had none.) Spoon mixture into bowl (it's soupy!!), tear up tortillas and toss them in, doctor it up as you like (sour cream, cheese, etc.), and enjoy!! =) Love you.

Warmest Regards to my 25-year-old friend,
Abbs

No comments:

Post a Comment