Sunday, April 10, 2011

Eau de Army

CPT: Can I show you the map board I've had to do for class?
Me: Sure. What's that smell? Why does it smell like sweat? Is that you?
CPT: No. It's the tape.
Me: Why does the tape smell like sweat?
CPT: I don't know. It's just Army tape. It's how it smells.
Me: Why? Does everything in the Army smell like sweat? Why does everything smell like that?
CPT: Abby, I DON'T KNOW. Just please look at this.
Me: But it smells bad. Are you sure it's not you?
CPT: NO! I just showered with Head & Shoulders [possibly some of the best smelling shampoo EVER. Not even kidding.], and these clothes are clean! Maybe it's your FEET!
Me: [face crumples] You KNOW I'm sensitive about my feet!!
CPT: I know. I'm sorry. Will you please look at this now? Please?
Me: FINE.
**explanation of battlefield or something and a weapons cache or something and enemies or something ... or something**
Me: Seriously. It smells bad. Why does the tape smell so bad?
CPT: [sighs in defeat]

No comments:

Post a Comment