Thursday, April 7, 2011

more blogs to check out!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the precious little Mary Todd and your blog reading routine! I, too, have fallen in love with reading blogs, especially ones written by people who are far more interesting than myself. Here are a few of my favorites:


brethoefen.wordpress.com: I learned about this guy in The Tennessean one day (I know, I'm old. Only old, uninteresting people read The Tennesean on a regular basis). He is a young-ish guy who was diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer that is pretty much always terminal. You may be saying to yourself, "Proms, why are you reading something so sad?" It's actually very inspiring and sweet, because his wife and pretty much his whole family have dropped their normal life agendas to go on this fantastic road trip with him. You know I'm a sucker for road trips! I really wish he and Shannon (his wife) could be couple friends with myself and Christian! Anyway, he blogs pretty much everyday about what's going on with the trip and his health.


zenhabits.net: This guy (Leo) is awesome. His blog is super inspiring and makes me want to get healthy, get organized, and pretty much kick ass at life. He used to be an overweight smoker who worked all the time (kind of what I am afraid is going to happen to me eventually [minus the smoker part]), but over time he has completely revamped his life. Now he is super healthy, runs marathons, and works for himself. He also got rid of a ton of debt by changing his spending habits. He writes instructional posts about what he's done and how other people can do it, too.


hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com: Okay, this is pure and uncensored hilarity (I'm not sure hilarity is a word, but I mean the noun form of hilarious). This girl, Allie, who appears to be roughly our age, writes crazy anecdotes (I think they are all/mostly true) about her life, and she draws pictures to go with them. She curses a lot, and looks at the world in a way that I think everyone should. I realize this is a terrible description, and you probably have no idea what to expect content-wise, but trust me and check it out. You will laugh to yourself until you are embarrassed for yourself (I've reached this point myself).


linusinhats.tumblr.com: Linus is a cat. He has a very smushed in face. His owner likes to take pictures of him (which are hilarious all on their own because he is so bizarre looking). She then uses some sort of artsy fartsy computer program to draw hats/clothes/costumes/other types of shenanigans onto him. There is another cat named Hugo that occasionally makes appearances, but Linus is the star of the show.


I'm sure there are others that I have failed to think of at this time, but this should get you started on the journey through what I find entertaining. Let me know what you think!


Yours,


Promila

No comments:

Post a Comment