Wednesday, February 9, 2011

bittersweet

Mrs. Ammons,

A. I really enjoyed your nostalgic post. We really have been through a lot together. I am sad that the next steps of our journeys will separate us indefinitely, but you will always be my roomie, and I will always think of you when I eat very crunchy cereal and/or watch Criminal Minds (and especially when I do both at the same time!).

B. I really enjoyed our night last night, in spite of (or maybe because of) the portions of conversation that weren't necessarily pleasant. It's not often I share my weaknesses and failures with someone, and traditionally when I do I almost always regret it afterwards, but I'm so glad we talked, really talked, before your departure. It's hard to find those friends you can pour your heart out to whilst devouring a mound of fried ice cream (I'm secretly glad you didn't like it, as that allowed me to eat it all!).

C. It made my life that you think my apartment is like a big hug. My goal is to make it snuggly and cozy, that way whatever happens out there in the big grown up world (which sucks! hee hee) doesn't really pack as much punch once I get home to my own little nest.

D. Please tell The Captain that I feel bad he had to hang out by himself at Starbucks while we had girl time, but it really was necessary. He is a true gentleman to allow me to steal you away for an evening.

E. I didn't mean for this to be mushy, but who am I kidding, I am a mush at heart despite my reputation of being emotionally dead inside :)

Yours,
Pro-Military

No comments:

Post a Comment